I hope those of you participating in NaNoWriMo are doing well and close to winning! I’ve had a lovely month of not participating.
I filled this month with striking the reading of Cold Mountain off my bucket list, watching 3 seasons of Dexter (which pales in comparison to Breaking Bad and American Horror Story, I am sorry to say), playing countless hours of Tropico 4, rewatching almost all the seasons of 30 Rock, crafting up a storm, and gaining back my writing energy.
I’m pleased to report all of this downtime has led to some rather excellent writing ideas, including the elusive new ending to Nameless, so I’m pretty pleased with myself.
But! I’ve been thinking about you a lot. Yes, you! I’m the sort of person that celebrates Christmas, and even if you’re not I would love to send you a holiday-type gift. So let’s have a little giveaway for my loyal readers, no advertising necessary.
Winners can choose from one of the following amazing, AMAZING books, and I will ship it to you in time for the holiday of your choice!
- The Night Circus, by Erin Morgenstern
- Any of the Daughter of Smoke and Bone books, by Laini Taylor (in case you have one or two of them and would like to own another in the series!), OR, alternately, Lips Touch Three Times.
- Either of the Raven Boys books, by Maggie Stiefvater
- Imaginary Girls, by Nova Ren Suma
- Any of the Graceling books by Kristin Cashore
I loved all of these and would love to share any one of them with you. On the off-chance you already own all of these we can renegotiate.
I hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving, for all you Americans out there, and a wonderful holiday season! My theme for this year is low-stress, and I’m doing a pretty great job so far ;-) Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m off and writing!